2020 Quito, Ecuador Mission Trip | Hacienda El Refugio
Approx Dates: July 16-25
For: High School Students who have completed 9th -12th grades as of Summer 2020
Max. # of Students accepted: 20
Location: Hacienda El Refugio - Quito, Ecuador
One Page Applications are due by Midnight Sun Dec 15th - no late applications will be considered.
Click HERE to download the One Page Application.
*Students MUST apply to be considered for this trip. Not ALL students who apply will participate.
*Students should active, consistent members of the LOFT ministries.
Team Selection Process
- Step One – Prayerfully consider the opportunity and complete the One Page Application. Completed applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, dropped off at the church office or turned into the LOFT safe. Applications are due by Midnight Sun Dec 15th.
- Step Two – Field of applicants will be narrowed down by Ministry Leaders. The team will include 20 students. Preference is typically given to upperclassman.
- Step Three – Select students will be asked to provide additional information.
- Step Four – Ministry Leaders make final selections for the Team and notify students.
- All participants need to have “skin in the game” and are required to contribute from their personal finances 10% of the total cost of the trip. This is due at the time of the first team meeting. (Estimated Example: trip cost = $2,500 ; personal investment $250)
- Participants cover their own personal expenses. (ex: souvenirs, etc …)
- Participants are required to develop a support team (financial and prayer) during the training process. Instructions, materials and guidance are offered to each team member to assist in developing this support team. Each team member is required to send out a minimum of 30 support letters.
- Full funding is due 10 days prior to departure of the trip. If all costs have not been covered through support raising efforts, team members are responsible for providing the remaining cost of their trip. Team members not fully funded before departure date will not be allowed to participate.
- All gifts are to be made payable to Spring Creek Church and are tax deductible.
- All gifts in excess of trip costs are kept and maintained by Spring Creek Church. Excess funds will be used specifically for future short-term ministry trips.
- If a participant drops off the team, funds remain with Spring Creek Church to cover trip expenses.
Participants are required to attend Team Training meetings as set forth by the Trip Leader.
Expect at least one meeting per month until departure. Meetings are essential to build relationships, unify as a team, understand our goals and purposes and prepare for our task.
Failure to attend required meetings may result in removal from team and not going on the trip.
El Refugio Overview - CLICK HERE to view a video
- Feb. 2 – 8:15-9:15
- Mar. 8 – 8:15-9:15
- Apr. 5 – 8:15-9:15
- May 3 – 8:15-9:15
El Refugio is a training and retreat center which facilitates a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ through nature and outdoor adventure.
At El Refugio, they use adventure and nature programs to facilitate an experience that focuses on one of the following areas:
Throughout the year, they train national facilitators, to use their programs and principles in using nature and outdoor adventure as a tool in reaching people for Christ.
- Team building
- Spiritual formation
These “facilitators in training”, work together with El Refugio staff in their retreats. Their retreats target a very broad group of people, from church youth groups, schools, and business corporations.
After completion of training, these nationals return to their churches and towns and are able to use their training to minister to their communities and churches.
A Life-Changing Experience
The team that participates in this cross cultural experience will experience the following:
- Time is concentrated on construction and maintenance projects in the building of facilities and programs for El Refugio.
- We will be involved in some of the following: VBS type children’s ministry, orphanage visits, testimonies and music in Ecuadorian churches.
- We also include time to travel to see some of Ecuador’s beautiful people, culture and country.
There are many benefits of being a part of a foreign missions trip:
- You will have the opportunity to be a part of spreading the news of Jesus Christ in a foreign land.
- You will be able to witness firsthand the extreme needs in the lives of other people.
- You will get a glimpse of what God is doing in another country.
- You will have the opportunity to serve a mission work and help them be able to take their ministry to another level.
- AND…God will work in your heart as you take faith steps in serving him in a totally foreign surrounding.
Questions? Click HERE to send an email to the Student Ministry Group