Spring Creek Career Ministry
Spring Creek Church / N35 W22000 Capitol Drive
Pewaukee, WI 53072 / 262.695.2211
Next Meeting: April 9
Want to learn more about Intent-Based Leadership? We will be meeting on Tuesday April 9 at 6.30 pm in Room 20.
Topic: Intent-Based Leadership
Intent-based leadership is an approach presented by author L. David Marquet in his book, Turn the Ship Around: A True Story of Turning Followers into Leaders. Included in our discussion will be:
Our speaker, Teresa Hutton, started her career as a software engineer working on code for mobile phones at Motorola, and machine vision systems at Rockwell/Allen-Bradley and at QuadTech. After several years she moved into engineering project management, and is a certified PMP. Currently she is a ScrumMaster and Team Lead at Johnson Controls.
- The Ladder of Leadership model
- Empowerment and the two pillars that support it
- Changing behavior by changing the environment (not the people)
- Why you care about leadership even if you’re not currently leading a team
Teresa is a member of Toastmasters, an organization dedicated to helping people improve their public speaking and leadership skills, Tau Beta Pi, the engineering honors society, and the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Teresa enjoys coaching engineers one-on-one and through her blog, Q2Leader.com. She is also a mentor for American Corporate Partners (ACP), an organization that matches corporate-world mentors with veterans entering the civilian workforce.
2019 Upcoming Meetings & Topics:
- April 9th - "How to Stay Motivated During Transition" by Lee Menefee
- May 14th - TBD
- June 11th - "Linkedin for Career Management" by Wayne Breithbarth
- July 9th - "Managing the Chaos Through Transition" by Pastor Jeremy Rush
- August 13th - "Job Search Tactics" Panel
- September 21st - Leadership Workshop by Heather Fields from GIANT Company
- October 8th - Job Search by Nick Curran
- November 12th - Career Management by Laura Byxbe
- December 10th - TBD
To provide resources and a Christian based support network for people seeking employment.
1. Support each other in prayers and encouragement
2. Support each other with networking contacts
3. Provide learning opportunities with guest speakers, tools, resources and ideas such as
personal employment testimonies, resume’ writing, social media tips, interview
For More Information Contact
2nd Tuesday of each month 6:30-8:00PM
Room 20, Spring Creek Church (Please enter at door #5)
Kevin Burns email@example.com
Angie Edwards firstname.lastname@example.org
Gregg Eberhardt email@example.com
Kristina Lyden firstname.lastname@example.org